By: Veronica Mobley
New Year. New Finances.
Top 10 List of Money Resolutions for 2011.
With just a few days left until the end of this year, it’s the perfect time to reflect back on 2010 and think about all the things you would like to do better or differently in 2011. While you’re creating your list of New Year’s Resolutions, it’s only right that you consider steps to improve your personal finances. There’s no time like the present to get a good footing on your bottom line.
Here’s a Top 10 list of Money Resolutions for 2011:
1. Establish a maintenance fund- build a savings account dedicated to the upkeep of your home, car, and general household expenses.
2. Stop Overspending
3. Switch to Interest Bearing Checking/Savings Accounts
4. Pay down Debt
5. Improve your credit score
6. Maximize savings
7. Accumulate Savings Using Tax Efficient Strategies- Along with taking necessary deductions, consider using vehicles such as IRA’s, Cash Value Life Insurance and Municipal Bonds.
8. Budget Big Expenses
9. Don’t Spend Bonuses (This includes income tax returns)- Avoid including bonuses in your budgeted monthly income, instead look for investments that can make that money grow faster.
10. Hire a Financial Planner
Veronica Mobley, is a Financial Advisor and premier catalyst for Women’s Economic Empowerment. She enjoys designing unique Financial plans, enlightening books and time with family. www.sassysuccess.blogspot.com